National Fenestration Rating Council
Don Young Company's products are NRFC certified and labeled as a commitment
to provide accurate, fair and reliable energy-related performance information
to consumers, architects, and builders.
National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) is a non-profit, public/private
organization created by the window, door and skylight industry. It is
comprised of manufacturers, suppliers, builders, architects and designers,
specifiers, code officials, utilities and government agencies. NFRC provides
consistent ratings on window, door and skylight products.
NFRC's primary goal is to provide accurate information to measure and
compare the energy performance of window, door, or skylight products.
NFRC has established a voluntary national energy performance rating and
labeling system for fenestration products.
The NFRC label rates:
• U-factor, or how well a window keeps heat inside a building.
• Solar heat gain, or a window's ability to block warming caused
• Visible light transmittance, or how much light gets through a
• Air leakage, or heat loss and gain by infiltration through cracks
in the window assembly.
NFRC is working on ratings for optical properties, condensation resistance,
long-term energy performance and seasonal heating and cooling ratings.
Look for window and door products with the NFRC label:
• An informed consumer will make smart fenestration purchases,
save energy and money.
For More Information, visit the NFRC web site: http://www.nfrc.org
• An informed designer will specify products that will minimize
heating and cooling loads while providing ample daylighting.
• An informed contractor will construct a building that is comfortable,
quiet and energy efficient.